The virtual studio task was slightly more straight forward than the previous task of creating a studio in Fireworks.
I created the studio in Carrara 4 Pro by to begin with;
I added an infinite plain to the floor of the modelling space.
I then added a cylinder primitive to the virtual area which was then flattened and stretched to the required shape and height for the virtual studio.
This was then followed by numerous cube primitives which were also transformed/stretched to create the walls for my virtual studio.
I then added a spotlight to the virtual area which I altered by going into the lights settings and setting soft shadows to on and adjusting them to create more natural looking shadows for objects in the virtual studio.
I then rendered the final studio without skylight and indirect lighting so that the render would take as little time as possible as this was only a test to so how a virtual studio could be produced using Carrara.
The studio that I created in Carrara 4 Pro was more believable than the desk and backgrounds that can be created using Adobe Fireworks.
The main difference between creating a studio in Fireworks and Carrar 4 Pro is that any footage that is going to be used in its creation must be at the same angle as the render of the virtual studio produced in Carrara.
This meant that we had to use a larger tripod to record the correct angled footage for use in the virtual studio video.
The video below was relatively successful at creating a realistic looking virtual studio.
This outcome could have been made more realistic if I had further experience with Carrara however I feel that the background that I created in Fireworks was possibly more believable as it had a less placed look to it beside the desk.
The only problems that I encountered whilst creating this video were trying to get rid of all the sections of blue screen I solved this by adding multiple Chroma filters in the video filters section of Adobe Premiere to the video.
Wednesday, 3 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment